NSW Government – SafeWork NSW
Heads of Asbestos Coordination Authorities (HACA)
HACA works to improve the management, monitoring and response to asbestos issues in NSW by developing coordinated prevention programs.
These programs include:
- a state wide plan for asbestos
- an asbestos blueprint on the role and responsibilities of state and local government staff
- a model asbestos policy for local councils
- information on property hazards after a bushfire
- a public awareness campaign to promote the safe handling of asbestos during home renovations and maintenance and help prevent asbestos related diseases.
SafeWork NSW have a registry of licensed asbestos assessors who undertake air monitoring, clearance inspections or the issuing of clearance certificates for removal of friable asbestos in various regions.
Fire damaged asbestos materials can only be cleaned up by licensed asbestos removalists with a Class A (friable) asbestos removal licence. Select 'Friable asbestos removal work' and your region from the SafeWork licensed asbestos assessor website.
Only licence holders who have been given permission to publish their details will be shown on this list.
If you are concerned about the status of a licence or need more information about removing asbestos safely please call 13 10 50.
For more information on safely managing asbestos contact HACA on:
T: 13 10 50